As a Biomaterials research engineer, you will be valued member of a R&D team focused on the development of cell culture biomaterials from discovery stage to scale up.
This role will involve taking significant ownership over the design, generation, and testing of biomaterials customized for cellular biology application. By working closely with our multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers, along with senior R&D management, you will play a central role in the development of material strategy solutions for 3D cell culture
- Design, develop, and functionalize novel natural biomaterials.
- Create and execute assays to characterize biomaterial formulations for physicochemical properties, biological activity, stability, and toxicity.
- Work closely with biologists to customize biomaterial formulations for cell culture.
- Work closely with our manufacturing team to develop stage-appropriate biomaterial manufacturing processes, scalable sourcing of materials, and quality assurance.
- Create SOPs, deliver experimental reports, support patent applications, and present experimental results.
- Contribute to development of project milestones, timelines, and product deliverables in collaboration with senior R&D management.
- Maintain clear and rigorous experimental records.
Education: PhD in chemistry, materials science.
Professional Experience: 2+ years in a post-doctoral, biotech or industry position, with experience developing biomaterials for cell culture applications is preferred.
Biomaterials Experience: You have significant academic or industry experience in polymer design, synthesis, functionalizing, and processing for 3D cell biology, tissue engineering applications. You have worked extensively with natural or synthetic biomaterials and developed strategies to characterize bioactivity and assure quality for in vitro or in vivo applications. Experience in bio-ink formulation for 3D printing and/or microfluidic 3D technology is helpful.
Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail, and experimental and process rigor. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do.
Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
Location: Loos-Lille, France
Applications (CV + cover letter) should be sent to “joinus AT hcs-pharma.com” please indicate precisely “ Biomaterials Research Engineer” in the subject line of the email.