Articles quoting BIOMIMESYS
Tarek Maylaa, Feryal Windal, Halim Benhabiles, Gregory Maubon, Nathalie Maubon, Elodie Vandenhaute, Dominique Collard. An evaluation of computational learning-based methods for the segmentation of nuclei in cervical cancer cells from microscopic images. Curr Comput Aided Drug Des. 2022 Feb 8. doi: 10.2174/1573409918666220208120756
De Conto V, Cheung V, Maubon G, Souguir Z, Maubon N, Vandenhaute E, Bérézowski V. In vitro differentiation modifies the neurotoxic response of SH-SY5Y cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2021 Aug 20;77:105235.
Vitali E, Boemi I, Tarantola G, Piccini S, Zerbi A, Veronesi G, Baldelli R, Mazziotti G, Smiroldo V, Lavezzi E, Spada A, Mantovani G, Lania AG. Metformin and Everolimus: A Promising Combination for Neuroendocrine Tumors Treatment. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Aug 2;12(8):2143.
Bubba F, Pouchol C, Ferrand N, Vidal G, Almeida L, Perthame B, Sabbah M. A chemotaxis-based explanation of spheroid formation in 3D cultures of breast cancer cells. J Theor Biol. 2019 Oct 21;479:73-80.
Lane R, Simon T, Vintu M, Solkin B, Koch B, Stewart N, Benstead-Hume G, Pearl FMG, Critchley G, Stebbing J, Giamas G. Cell-derived extracellular vesicles can be used as a biomarker reservoir for glioblastoma tumor subtyping. Commun Biol. 2019 Aug 19;2:315.
Salaroglio IC, Gazzano E, Abdullrahman A, Mungo E, Castella B, Abd-Elrahman GEFA, Massaia M, Donadelli M, Rubinstein M, Riganti C, Kopecka J. Increasing intratumor C/EBP-β LIP and nitric oxide levels overcome resistance to doxorubicin in triple negative breast cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2018 Nov 27;37(1):286.
Simon T, Pinioti S, Schellenberger P, Rajeeve V, Wendler F, Cutillas PR, King A, Stebbing J, Giamas G. Shedding of bevacizumab in tumour cells-derived extracellular vesicles as a new therapeutic escape mechanism in glioblastoma. Mol Cancer. 2018 Aug 31;17(1):132.
Louis F, Pannetier P, Souguir Z, Le Cerf D, Valet P, Vannier JP, Vidal G, Demange E. A biomimetic hydrogel functionalized with adipose ECM components as a microenvironment for the 3D culture of human and murine adipocytes. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017 Aug;114(8):1813-1824.
Salaroglio IC, Panada E, Moiso E, Buondonno I, Provero P, Rubinstein M, Kopecka J, Riganti C. PERK induces resistance to cell death elicited by endoplasmic reticulum stress and chemotherapy. Mol Cancer. 2017 May 12;16(1):91.
Gomes A, Russo A, Vidal G, Demange E, Pannetier P, Souguir Z, Lagarde JM, Ducommun B, Lobjois V. Evaluation by quantitative image analysis of anticancer drug activity on multicellular spheroids grown in 3D matrices. Oncol Lett. 2016 Dec;12(6):4371-4376.
Articles before trademark BIOMIMESYS
Abdoul-Azize S, Buquet C, Li H, Picquenot JM, Vannier JP. Integration of Ca2+ signaling regulates the breast tumor cell response to simvastatin and doxorubicin. Oncogene. 2018 Sep;37(36):4979-4993
Simon T, Coquerel B, Petit A, Kassim Y, Demange E, Le Cerf D, Perrot V, Vannier JP. Direct effect of bevacizumab on glioblastoma cell lines in vitro. Neuromolecular Med. 2014 Dec;16(4):752-71.
Demange E, Kassim Y, Petit C, Buquet C, Dulong V, Cerf DL, Buchonnet G, Vannier JP. Survival of cord blood haematopoietic stem cells in a hyaluronan hydrogel for ex vivo biomimicry. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2013 Nov;7(11):901-10.
David L, Dulong V, Le Cerf D, Cazin L, Lamacz M, Vannier JP. Hyaluronan hydrogel: an appropriate three-dimensional model for evaluation of anticancer drug sensitivity. Acta Biomater. 2008 Mar;4(2):256-63.
David L, Dulong V, Le Cerf D, Chauzy C, Norris V, Delpech B, Lamacz M, Vannier JP. Reticulated hyaluronan hydrogels: a model for examining cancer cell invasion in 3D. Matrix Biol. 2004 Jun;23(3):183-93.
- New article published for Nanostem project about the interaction between nanoparticles and the blood-brain barrier in vitroTo treat brain disease is a challeging purpose, since the brain is protected by a barrier made by of tightly-joined endothelial cells of the cerebral microvessels, called the blood–brain barrier (BBB). To improve this route to reach the central nervous system, several strategies have been developed. Among them, researchers try […]
- In HCS Pharma we are specialized in 3D cell culture and we have developed high skills in 3D imaging thanks to the help of our partner Molecular Devices. We are used to using powerful ImageXpress Micro Confocal Systems to investigated 3D cells morphology in HCS context from fluorescence pictures. The […]
- It is our pleasure to announce that the article of our PhD Student Véronique De Conto has been published in Toxicology in vitro journal. This work comes from a collaboration between HCS Pharma and Inserm Unit “Degenerative & vascular cognitive disorders”. This article highlight the importance to consider carefully the […]
- Abstract The extracellular polysaccharide hyaluronan (HA) controls cell migration, differentiation and proliferation, and contributes to the invasiveness of human cancers. The roles of HA cell surface receptors and hyaluronidases (HAses) in this process are still controversial. In order to investigate their involvement in cancer pathogenesis, we developed a reticulated HA […]
- Cell-derived extracellular vesicles can be used as a biomarker reservoir for glioblastoma tumor subtypingA publication from R. Lane et al, described the use of Small extracellular vesicles (sEVs) reservoir as a biomarker for Glioblastoma tumor subtyping. In this publication Astrocytes, Glioblastoma cell lines, and Glioblastoma patient-derived stem cells were grown in BIOMIMESYS® hydroscaffold. Abstract Glioblastoma (GBM) is one of the most aggressive solid tumors for which treatment options […]
- New results of growing of breast cancer (MCF7 and MCF7-sh-wisp2) cells in BIOMIMESYS® Adipose tissue as a relevant 3D in vitro model, using Keller–Segel PDE system to model chemotactical auto-organization of cells. Abstract Three-dimensional cultures of cells are gaining popularity as an in vitro improvement over 2D Petri dishes. In many such experiments, […]
- We are very pleased to announce that Meryl, our first CIFRE PhD student, defended his doctoral thesis last week! His PhD work was dealing with the use of pluripotent stem cells to study liver diseases. He has also developed an innovative model to obtain liver organoïds in our BIOMIMESYS® product. […]
- This summer, Vitali et al. published an article in the Open Access Journal Cancers in which they assessed anticancer combination to treat neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) using in vitro models (2D + 3D cultures in BIOMIMESYS hydroscaffolds). A NET arises in the specialized cells of the neuroendocrine system, which have traits of […]
- Abstract The ATP Binding Cassette transporter B1 (ABCB1) induces chemoresistance in osteosarcoma, because it effluxes doxorubicin, reducing the intracellular accumulation, toxicity, and immunogenic cell death induced by the drug. The ATP Binding Cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1) effluxes isopentenyl pyrophosphate (IPP), a strong activator of anti-tumor Vγ9Vδ2 T-cells. Recruiting this population […]
- Abstract Bevacizumab is a humanized monoclonal antibody directed against the pro-angiogenic factor vascular and endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) used in the treatment of glioblastomas. Although most patients respond initially to this treatment, studies have shown that glioblastomas eventually recur. Several non-mutually exclusive theories based on the anti-angiogenic effect of bevacizumab […]