- Tuesday, June 1, 2021 – 1PM (CET) / 8PM (CST) / 9PM (JST) / 7AM (EST)
- Thursday, June 3, 2021 – 9AM (CET) / 4PM (CST) / 5PM (JST) / 3AM (EST)
Online, using zoom.us and live on Youtube
Pharmaceutical industry is facing a very high failure rate in drug discovery, with 90% of failure in clinical trials.
This is particularly true for central nervous system applications, with a rate of 30% safety failure in clinical trials, compared to 7% in preclinical trials (Cook et al. 2014). This reveals a lack of relevance of preclinical models compared to human physiology : most commonly used in vitro preclinical models are in 2D on plastic supports, very far from the in vivo 3D cellular organization.
In addition, the importance of cell environment is often left apart (extracellular matrix, ECM). However, 3D cell organization impacts cell communication, and ECM is involved in molecule distribution, cell migration, differentiation and maturation.
This is why HCS Pharma has developed BIOMIMESYS® Brain, a hyaluronic acid-based hydroscaffold 3D cell culture support which mimics the brain ECM.
- Discovering BIOMIMESYS® Brain hydroscaffold
- Using BIOMIMESYS® Brain for neurotoxicity assessment
- Example of application a 3D Parkinson’s disease model including dopaminergic neurons and astrocytes for the high content screening of neuroprotective molecules against Parkinson’s disease inducers.